NEW ORLEANS — Seven matches against NAIA National Championship qualifiers from last season, including an October visit to defending national champion Lindsey Wilson, are among the highlights of the 2018 Xavier University of Louisiana volleyball schedule.
Pat Kendrick, who in her first season at XULA was voted the 2017 Louisiana Coach of the Year, announced the schedule Tuesday. It consists of 30 regular-season matches, 12 at home and 14 overall in an expanded Gulf Coast Athletic Conference.
The Gold Nuggets’ matches against 2017 NAIA tourney qualifiers will be:
• Aug. 24 — opening day and the second match of the season — against Georgetown (Ky.) in the Mid-South Crossover Tournament at Bowling Green, Ky.
• Aug. 25 against Indiana Wesleyan in the Mid-South Crossover.
• Aug. 31 against Mobile in XULA’s Big Easy Blastoff.
• Sept. 1 against Webber International in the Big Easy Blastoff.
• Sept. 8 at Mobile in its tournament.
• Oct. 12 at Lindsey Wilson, which was 35-0 last season.
• Oct. 13 at Campbellsville.
For more on this visit the link provided. LINK